This has to be one of my favourite oaty recipes to date!
Currently on my competition prep, I get porridge/oats twice a week so I like to make the most of them and spend time over them.
Let’s cut to the chase, here is the recipe!
- 50g oats- I used 30g Jordan’s Chunky Jumbo Oats and 20g Quaker rolled oats
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein- I used Sun Warrior
- 1 medium Courgette grated (optional)
- 10g chia seeds
- Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk – I use around 300ml
- 1/2 tsp baking powder- Game changer!!
- 1 tsp Little’s Chocolate Orange Coffee
- Optional Squeeze of a fresh orange
- Topped with 40g Vanilla Coyo- optional
- Pour oats, baking powder and milk into a saucepan
- Cook on medium until soft and fluffy
- Optional- add courgette
- Continue to cook and stir
- Add in protein powder, coffee and chia seeds
- May need to add more milk- I like might less thick
- Add orange juice and stir – if using
- Take off of the heat and leave to settle for two minutes
- Pour into your favourite bowl
- Top with yoghurt or anything your heart may desire!
These are SO tasty!
Why courgette and baking powder?
They both work to make the bowl bigger…. I am ALL about volume. Like I said, I only get oats twice a week so I will do anything I can to make them last as long as possible!
What are your favourite go-to Sunday breakfasts?
Love Char x