It may not even be November yet but I can’t be the only one craving Christmassy foods already. If you LOVE mince pies like I do, this is the recipe for you! This winter breakfast is indulgent and probably best saved for a nice Sunday morning or a cheat day/meal rather than a daily feat. These are delicious, far cheaper than mince pies and can be enjoyed pretty much as soon as you fancy something festive.
Two slices of bread
1 heaped tsp Vegetarian mincemeat
Vegan butter/ butter
3 squares dark chocolate (optional)
Icing sugar to dust
1. Turn on toastie maker/george foreman to heat
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread
3. Spoon mincemeat onto the non buttered side of one slice
4. Top with dark a chocolate squares
5. Top with the second slice of bread, butter on the outside
6. Place in the toastie maker and cook!
7. Dust with icing sugar and devour!
(Leave to cool for a minute or so, the filling will be piping hot!)
Love Char xxx
Method in pictures:
All images are my own and not to be used without permission