ANOTHER recipe, gosh I’m good to you! This time it’s cake, even better! This is another recipe that does not require flour since I know how hard it is to find.
This cake is perfect post long run or if you just fancy a slice of cake really. If it was totally up to me I’d smash a whole triple layer chocolate fudge cake all the time buuuuuuut I also know I wouldn’t feel so good doing that. So enter, it’s lower calorie, lower sugar, higher protein alternative.
This recipe made 8 slices in a standard circular cake tin.
- 2 x 40g sachets of Kendal Mint co Chocolate Mint Protein
- 200g Readybrek
- 1 egg
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100ml oat milk (or other milk/milk alternative)
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- optional milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Grease your cake tin, or line with greaseproof paper
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- add your egg and oil and mix together
- add your milk and combine
- pour mixture into your tin
- I studded mine with broken dairy milk mini bars (optional)
- bake in the oven for around 12-15 minutes or until a knife pressed into the centre comes out clean.
I particularly enjoyed mine with a dollop of greek yoghurt and may have eaten it for breakfast a couple of times too!…
There’s nothing wrong with a big fat slab of cake, this is just means you can have MORE! and who doesn’t want more cake?!
You can use ‘charlotteclarke10’ for some cheeky discount at Kendal Mint co too! (don’t say I don’t treat you)
I can’t wait to see your creations, I’d love if you tagged me on Instagram too!
Leave a Reply