Here I am coming back at you with a delicious new flapjack recipe in collaboration with Manilife Peanut Butter. Boy is this a gooden.
These are the perfect pre or post run snack to either give you that pre run energy boost or post run replenishment. Or…. if you’re anything like me, an all round the clock snack because they’re irresistible.
I mean, just look at that texture….
This recipe made 12 flapjack bars for me.
Time: 10 mins to prepare. 14 mins to cook.
- 300g oats
- 125g salted butter
- 125g sugar (I used 75g caster and 50g light brown muscovado for a deeper flavour)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp Manilife deep roast peanut butter
- a couple of pinches of salt (optional but delicious)
- Pre heat the oven to around 180 degrees celsius
- Grease your tin/dish or line with grease proof paper. (I find greaseproof paper more successful for getting flapjacks out of the tin and allows them to cool quicker out of the tin)
- Melt your butter in a pan
- add sugar and syrup until it’s pretty much all combined
- add your peanut butter in to melt into the liquid
- Turn the hob off, add your oats and mix until combined
- Pour into your prepared tin/dish
- Sprinkle a couple of pinches of salt on top
- bake in the oven for around 14 mins (check at 12mins) It wants to be nice and golden on top but still soft as it will set more as it cools
- take out and allow to cool
- slather more peanut butter all over the top and sprinkle a little more salt on (optional but delicious)
Easy peasy. A delicious nutty oaty treat perfect as I said as a pre run boost or post run pick me up.