Hi I’m Charlotte and I’m an oats addict!
Sundays are my rest days and my high carb/refeed days so I always take my time over my precious oats. This Sunday I decided to try making baked oats. I’ve seen baked oats all over instagram but have never tried making them before so I thought why not today! I didn’t follow a recipe, I just tried it my own way and my god they were good! Now you can make them too!
- Cherries- fresh or frozen
- 50g oats
- 20g chia seeds
- 400-500ml Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium courgette grated
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more depending on preference)
- Optional- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- To be completed the night before:
- Mix together the oats, milk, chia seeds, courgette and cinnamon
- chill in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees C
- Mix in protein powder, baking powder and optional coconut flour to the overnight oats- consistency should be thick
- Line your oven safe dish with cherries
- Pour oats mixture on top
- Press more cherries into the oats
- Top with a sprinkle of loose oats to toast on top
- Bake for approx 30mins (the longer you bake, the thicker and more ‘cake’ they will be)
Oh my goodness, these oats were incredible! Actually incredible!
Let me know how you get on making them!
Love Char xxx