Gooooood afternoon you wonderful lot!
Now, if you aren’t IIFYM and you have a repetitive diet on competition prep, it can be very easy to get bored. This is especially the case for me when the sun comes out and all I want is a tub of Almond Dream or Booja Booja ice cream.
So I decided to find a couple of ways to make my prep a little more exciting when I get those pesky cravings.
My third meal of the day includes a shake, so rather than having it as a shake I decided to blend it up and then freeze it in a bowl and make protein Ice cream!
Protein Ice cream
- 1 scoop protein powder (Chocolate Sun Warrior Classic)
- 1 scoop Phil Richards Performance Greens- Coco choc (optional)
- 10 g chia seeds
- Approx 150ml water or milk
- Blend together the protein, greens and water
- Stir in the chia seeds
- Depending on how long you have frozen it for you may need to leave out for 5mins or so before serving and/or blend again
- Top with your desired toppings. I chose blueberries
It’s so easy to make. Just like ice cream!
Another great way to cool down on these (occasional) summer days.
- 2 scoops BCAA – I chose MyProtein BCAA 4:1:1 Berry Blast
- Mix together your BCAA and a little water and blend with ice
- Blend your BCAA and water then freeze
- Once frozen leave to stand for 5-10 mins
- Blend and enjoy!
These are so perfect, refreshing and keep you on track towards your goals! You could even make up two flavours and layer them pretending it’s one of those Fanta ones at the cinema…. You all know the ones!
BCAA Ice Lollies
- BCAA- I used MyProtein BCAA 4:1:1 in Tropical Storm
- Ice lolly moulds
- Make up your BCAAs and pour into your ice lolly moulds
These are just a few ways I’m keeping my set prep food exciting. I’d love to hear what you do to keep it interesting too!
Love Char x