A quick fire round of 20 things I’ve realised/learnt during the last 5 months of competition prep:
1. When my muscles burn I cry <–such a girl!
2. I’m naturally quite lean
3. I can maintain body fat at 2750 calories a day (wahoooooo) I can put away A LOT of food!
4. Carbs are my friends…. My best friends actually
5. I can and will eat around the clock
6. Eating low carb and high protein as a vegan is quite difficult but I love a challenge
7. It can be SO expensive so you need to get savvy
8. Keep a close support network- you’ll need it!
9. I can’t count. Always doing too many or too few reps
10. People think I want to be Arnie…. I don’t
11. 1700 calories can go a long way!
12. Abs are not maintainable!
13. I love leg day
14. I can push myself harder than I think
15. I am a walking corpse if I don’t have oats for breakfast
16. I don’t know what it is to eat off a plate anymore. Tupperware is life! But I always lose it…
17. An end goal gives me SO much motivation
18. When in the final weeks my body is craving all sorts of food I don’t even normally eat- chip shop chips!
19. It is SUCH a mental game
20. There are some incredibly bad vegan protein powders…. I have a stash of bad ones I now won’t use
10 days to go eeeeeek!