So Easter is less than two weeks away now so I thought I’d create a special Easter recipe for you!
Since I’m in competition prep at the moment, hot cross buns are off the menu for me (sad face) however protein energy balls are not! I decided to combine the two and create an Orange and Cranberry Hot Cross Bun flavoured energy ball.
I’m happy to say I think I nailed it! Here it is!
Hot Cross Balls
- 500g Date Paste
- 70g Unflavoured Soy Protein
- 1 heaped tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 15g Arctic Power Berries Cranberry Powder
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cloves
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Juice of one orange
- Icing to decorate
- Heat date paste for 30 seconds in the microwave to loosen
- Mix in the protein powder, cacao, 10g Arctic Power Berries, cinnamon and cloves
- Add in the juice of one large orange
- Mix until combined and then separate and roll between your palms to form 24 balls
- Roll the balls in the remaining Cranberry Powder and Ice crosses on the top
Now for the Nutritional Content Per Ball:
Not too shabby, a healthier Easter treat for those of us who can’t indulge in hot buttery hot cross buns and Easter eggs!
Remember you can get 10% off on their online shop here using the code ‘BERRYAMAZING’ so go get shopping!